The FPA of Colorado has more than 100 new members over the past 15 months. Please consider getting more involved and taking the next step to increased membership benefits, relationships with peers and leadership development by serving on one of our committees.
We are looking for more members to particiate in Advocacy and Education right now. But please serve where your heart feels at home. Contact us at 303-450-0515 or email@example.com.
New Member Orientation meetings are scheduled just prior to each chapter program at the Wellshire Event Center next to the fireplace for 15 minutes at 11:30am. Please contact Marisa for more details.
2017 INCOME TAX UPDATE
Speaker: Fran Coet, CPA/CFF, CVA, CFP, CFFA, CDFA; Coet2 CPAs, P.C.
2017 was an interesting year in many regards. Our Income Tax Update will cover changes made by legislation, the Courts, and the Internal Revenue Service during a relatively benign year. A new perspective will be discussed for 2018 and forward, based on the changes or likely changes from 2017. Entity choices, payment of Social Security taxes, and wealth management may all be on the table for discussion.
Use these event hashtags for tweeting and making posts about what you learn #COFPA2018 #InvestInYourFuture.
1. At the end of this class, the attendees will be able to recognize changes made by tax legislation and administration with regards to individual income tax planning.
2. At the end of this class, the attendees will be able to advise their clients as to the best entity choice in light of new legislation and Court cases.
3. At the end of this class, the attendees will be able to assist their clients with estate planning, in light of the recension of Proposed Regulations concerning Lack of Marketability and Minority discounts in the transfers of closely-held businesses.
- Introduction – 5 minutes
- 2017 Court Decisions – 20 minutes
- 2017 IRS Administrative Decisions – 30 minutes
- 2017 Legislation in the Tax Arena – 30 minutes
- Questions and Wrap-Up – 5 minutes
1.5 hours of CFP credits and 1 hour Insuance credits are approved
$39.00 FPA Members
$59.00 FPA Non Members
Stay current on all COFPA meetings and events. Add these dates to your calendar for 2018.
Read dates: http://cofpa.org/meetinginfo.php
Looking for more ways to get involved with the FPA? Consider joining our NexGen Committee!
What's NexGen? We primarily support FPA members age 37 and younger as they progress through the early and mid-stages of their careers. We also focus on the development of financial planning professionals through our partnership with the career development committee via the MentorMatch program, as well as bi-monthly, topic-focused events.
Our community is dedicated to support and enhance the careers of the next generation of planners while helping shape the direction and impact of the financial planning profession.
For more details, contact our NexGen Chair, Juan Jo Guevara.
UPCOMING NEXGEN EVENTS
March 8 - Coffee Chat at Drip Coffee, 7:30-9AM - register now
The Women of FPA of Colorado have been going strong now for 2 years! We sipped and painted, we cooked, and we got crafty at our holiday party, mingled at other gatherings in 2017 and developed some great relationships with our peers.
2018 is shaping up to be even better, with more fun, more opportunities for networking, more sharing of ideas, and more laughter. Our community of like-minded professional women keeps growing and thriving. We hope you can join us on this journey and experience the support and friendship found within the Women of FPA of Colorado.